The Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC) recognized 305 UW-Oshkosh student-athletes for achieving a 3.0 grade-point average (GPA) or higher during the 2018-19 academic year.
UW-Oshkosh's selections to the WIAC Scholastic Honor Roll featured 154 student-athletes from its 11 women’s teams and 151 from its eight men’s squads. The selections included 59 from football; 32 from women’s track & field (indoor & outdoor); 28 from men’s track & field (indoor & outdoor); 27 from women’s soccer; and 20 from both baseball and men’s cross country.
UW-Oshkosh had 16 student-athletes earn a perfect 4.0 GPA this past year – Megan Berg (women’s cross Country/indoor track & field/outdoor track & field); Kameron Dransfeldt (baseball); Daniel Hanauer (football); Katie Hodges (women’s volleyball); Abby Kaiser (women’s basketball); Emma Kiekhofer (women’s volleyball); Brian McKnight (men’s cross country); Abby Menting (softball); Cody Moon (football); Alyssa Nore (women’s gymnastics); Max Nowinsky (football); Nathan Nozzi (men’s cross country); Erika Priebe (women’s golf); Kayla Priebe (women’s golf); Jason Wright (football); and Cole Yoder (football).
UW-Oshkosh also had an additional 21 student-athletes reach or surpass a 3.90 GPA.
Overall, UW-Oshkosh's 491 student-athletes combined for a 3.071 GPA this past year to edge the school's overall student population mark of 3.037. Members of the women's volleyball team blended together to compile a department-best 3.599 GPA while women’s soccer followed at 3.483, women’s basketball at 3.440, women’s golf at 3.417 and softball at 3.375.
2018-19 UW-Oshkosh Athletics Academic Highlights (Data began being collected with the 1998-99 academic year)
* - UW-Oshkosh student-athletes combined to best the school’s overall student population for the second straight year.
* - UW-Oshkosh student-athletes combined to record the department’s second-highest GPA.
* - Football (2.982), women’s gymnastics (3.369), softball (3.375) and women’s volleyball (3.599) had its highest GPA.
* - Men’s swimming & diving marked its second-best GPA (2.986).
* - Women’s basketball had a 3.30 GPA or better for the ninth consecutive year.
* - Women's golf reached or surpassed a 3.00 GPA for the 10th straight year.
* - Women’s tennis reached or surpassed a 3.00 GPA for the 12th straight year.